25 May RHEMA WEST BEYOND THE VEIL
You may have noticed a new word popping up more and more across all our channels: unveiled. If you’re wondering about it, wonder no more!
During the course of the past five years God has been speaking to the leadership of Rhema West about our future and implementing the vision we believe He has given us.
Our vision is to see Jesus Christ unveiled in every heart and home. We have decided to be intentional about our tomorrow and the next generation. In light of this vision for expansion we are moved to changing the name of our church from Rhema West to Unveiled Church.
“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.” (2 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV)
Like the Scripture says, we believe that Jesus Christ’s finished work has removed the veil between us and our heavenly Father. The law no longer stands in the way of a living relationship with Him. As a church we partner with God in unveiling the truth of His grace to all people.
This strategic change has been brewing in the hearts of our leaders for a long time and the need for it was increasingly affirmed over the past six to nine months. We see in the Bible that often when God moved people into a new season, He changed their name. And we feel the time for us to step into this new season, is now.
There are five major areas of our church vision that fuels our rationale for changing the name of the church.
- Multi-campus: name-giving of new daughter churches in other locations is simplified by a name that is not linked to a specific location, as Rhema West is. Our footprint is growing in surrounding areas and this has become a factor for us.
- Our own identity that cannot be confused with the name or location of another RFC church. We found great confusion over the years where we were mistaken for the Rhema WestRand satellite campus of Rhema North or an extension service of the same.
- Our Unveiled Bible School: not to be confused with the existing Rhema Bible College at Rhema North.
- Unveiled Worship: our worship team is currently working on an album to be released within the next 12 months. We realize that the marketability and evangelistic impact would be greatly increased through adopting the name of the church.
- Our church app is close to launching.
We want to affirm that we are in no way breaking away from the Rhema Family of Churches. We remain affiliated to the RFC as our covering body and continue to pursue relationship with mentors in their ranks.
Find us under our new name on all the major platforms –
YouTube, Instagram, Twitter: @unveiled_sa