Salvation prayer

Do you want to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour and enter a living relationship with Him? We encourage you to pray this prayer:

 

Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me and dying on the cross to pay the price for my sin. I believe You are the Son of God, my Saviour. I receive the forgiveness Your blood bought for me. Thank you that I don’t have to live my life without You anymore. You live in my heart through the Holy Spirit. Because of Your finished work on the cross I have an abundant and eternal life from today and into heaven. Thank you, Father, that I am now Your beloved child. Amen.

 

You are now God’s child! Read these Scriptures to be sure that you are saved: John 1:12 – those who believe in Him, are His children, 1 John 5:12-13 – you can know that you have eternal life, John 10:27-28 – no one can snatch you out of His hand.

Abolition – Giving is Worship

Giving money to God is an act of worship, because it demonstrates where our trust lies. One of the basic needs in today’s world is money. Because money gets you food, shelter and clothes. So money tests our hearts like few other things.

Jesus spoke about this in Luke 16:10-13 (NKJV):
“He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. 11Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s, who will give you what is your own? 13No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”
 
People sometimes ask us whether we as a church believe in tithing. The answer is a resounding YES. Why? There are many reasons and we’ve been reflecting on them over the last few days. One that stands out is that it works. We’ve repeatedly personally and through the testimony of other believers found that giving the first 10% of your income back to God (who provided it to you in the first place) brings a blessing on the remaining 90% as well as all your other possessions. It even activates increase so that you can enlarge your life and keep on sowing into the lives of others.
 
Our text for today is another reason to believe in tithing. It proves where your trust for provision lies: Do you trust in having money? Or do you trust in God to take care of you? This Scripture doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t have money at all and this it is more spiritual to just serve God and shun all material things. No! It simply means that the money and material things is not our prime source of security – God is.
 
In my experience nothing frees you from the cares and control of money as effectively as tithing and giving offerings. It sets you free from the control of money over your heart, and of the fear over money. Do you know one can be afraid to have too little, as well as have much and be afraid of losing it?
 
When you open up your hand to give, you effectively let go of clinging to money as your source, and declare that you put your trust in God to be your source. And He is the best Source of everything: peace, hope, joy and practical things. He won’t give us spiritual rest and forget about feeding our rumbling tummies. He knows how we are made and what we need. And like a good, loving Father, He takes care of us practically, physically and financially.
 
Let’s continue to give into His kingdom with an attitude of putting our trust in Him. Then we will not only receive His financial provision, but His true peace in our hearts.

mm
Gerda Clack
gerda@rhemawest.co.za

Pastor Gerda is passionate about seeing children of God grow spiritually, rooted and grounded in His love through knowing the Word. She heads up Women of Promise, our women’s ministry and teaches at the Rhema West Bible Academy.